We are all well aware of the COVID-19 virus situation, but at the same time we all want to get back to normal and that includes having some fun. You want your child to enjoy their classes and, by attending, accept the situation and the responsibility we all share.
We are introducing specific safety measures, and guidelines which you can read about below.
We would love seeing you at our classes but please don’t if you have any symptoms that could be COVID-19 or if you are vulnerable or have underlying health issues. We will turn anyone away who may be showing COVID-19 symptoms. https://www.gov.uk/coronavirus
The main symptoms of coronavirus (COVID-19) are:
- a high temperature – this means you feel hot to touch on your chest or back (you do not need to measure your temperature)
- a new, continuous cough – this means coughing a lot for more than an hour, or 3 or more coughing episodes in 24 hours (if you usually have a cough, it may be worse than usual)
- a loss or change to your sense of smell or taste – this means you’ve noticed you cannot smell or taste anything, or things smell or taste different to normal
Our staff are committed to strict hygiene procedures and regular wash and sanitise their hands in between classes.
The break in between class times has been extended to 10 minutes to allow for Antibacterial cleaning of equipment and to avoid a congregation of people between classes.
Hand sanitiser is available at the entrance, however where possible please bring your own sanitiser to use before and after the classes.
We expect all parents to adhere to the guidelines for social distancing maintaining where possible a 2 metre Social distance and a minimum 1 metre plus distance.
Staff have completed COVID-19 specific risk assessments to ensure that every possible aspect has been covered to keep our customers and staff safe.
- Coaches are requested to clean any equipment used during the session and ensure that the equipment is not shared between groups without proper cleaning.
- We ask all customers to arrive and leave punctually, please arrive for classes no more than 5 minutes beforehand to avoid clustering of groups.
- Equipment must not be touched by the hands of parents. If child needs help with shoelaces etc they must return to their parent
- Active participants should arrive changed and ready to take part.
- If Goal posts are used they should be wiped down before and after classes.
- Times in between classes will be adjusted to avoid time spent congregating at a venue.
- When using facilities and toilets everyone must adhere to government guidance.
- Competitive match play is permitted, with social distancing in place before and after the match, and in any breaks in play.
- The sharing of kit and equipment should be avoided including no bibs to be used, participants should bring their own drinks or refreshments, in named containers.
- When the ball goes out of play, it should not be retrieved by non-participants and should be retrieved using the feet rather than the hands where possible.
- Participants must not spit and should avoid shouting or raising their voices when facing each other.
- Goal celebrations are not allowed.
- Coaches are encouraged to limit persistent close proximity of participants during match play and training.
- Injuries are treated by observing rigorous hygiene standards. The necessary First Aid and PPE equipment will be provided to protect everyone from Covid-19 including disposable gloves, aprons, masks, eye protection and sanitiser.
- All payments to made online to reduce risk of handling money.
- Any small-sided football should include more regular hygiene breaks in activity and players discouraged from touching or tackling against boards / walls.
- For Indoor Football Classes: Parents must wear masks whilst watching the activity.
- Only 1 parent is permitted to attend the class with their child.
- Hands should be washed at the earliest opportunity and personal equipment should be wiped down with disinfectant.
- Everyone must continue to maintain social distancing including in any facilities where groups of people congregate. Parents are asked to leave the venue before the next class arrive.
- Everyone should leave following the traffic-flow system we have or the facility provider has put in place.
- Anyone who becomes infected after training/matches are advised to report this to the NHS test and trace system.
- We adhere to ‘NHS test and trace’ protocols – all participants register before attending and a register is completed on the day.
Best Regards and Stay Safe,
The SoccerDays Team.